Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hufflepuff Pride

Guess what? I got this book called The Deathly Hallows Lectures: The Hogwarts Professor Explains Harry's Final Adventure by John Granger. It is a really good book and is awesome. It's actually meant for college people  so it is a little confusing to read with big words but you guys should read it. There is a bunch of amazing things he figured out. He also wrote two other books, and I want to read those books too.


You all also need to listen to this song. I am in love with it but no one else likes it :(. It is Don't Leave by the Ministry of Magic.


This stuff has nothing to do with chapter by chapter but instead of emailing everyone it I am just putting it here. Read this all you Gryffindor's and Ravenclaw's and Slytherin's. I am the only Hufflepuff on this blog so I need to pronounce my dominince because I am outnumbered. 


"I have been thinking lately that as a Hufflepuff, we may be "looked down upon", but it's because we are misunderstood and misrepresented. There may be a few cases where an individual doesn't "make the cut" to any other house so they are just stuck in Hufflepuff house, but I think for the majority of us, it isn't that we didn't make the cut that puts us in Hufflepuff, I think its because we hold some of the qualities of ALL the house's. We are BRAVE like Gryffindor's, we will stand up and fight for what we believe in and we will sacrafice ourselves for the one's we love. Yet we may not be bold enough to walk into a forest alone to meet death. We are INTELLIGENT like Ravenclaw's, but we define ourselves as more than that. We know how to work hard and we know how to play hard. We are smart, but we find the fun in life's little adventures. There is more to us then being the smartest and living our lives with our nose's in a book, we know there is more to life than that. We are AMBITIOUS like Slytherin's, have high goals for ourselves in life, and strive to do our best to make these goals a reality. Yet, we won't push other people over or step on them in order to obtain these goals. We hold ourselves up with diginity and respect and do what we know is right to reach our goals.

Therefore, I don't feel its what we LACK that puts us in Hufflepuff House, I think its just because we are too awesome and have all the qualities that would suit any house. So they just put all the Hard working, Loyal, Brave, Smart and Ambitious one's together in a house of pure awesomeness."- Amanda the Hufflepuff The Harry Potter Alliance





5 comments:

  1. Well, Allie, I think you did a splendid job pronouncing your dominance because, yes, you are outnumbered :) Actually reading this almost makes me want to be a hufflepuff. ALMOST

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song actually sounds fairly normal, even though its by a band called "Ministry of Magic". I love your little quote there. Actually, big quote. I'll take a couple quizzes cuz I'm not actually sure which house I fit into...Allie, I might be with ya in Hufflepuff, but probably not because I'm don't fit into all of the categories. I'm not exactly what you would call "smart" hahaa
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys. Bad news. I have taken 3 quizzes and have gotten Ravenclaw for one, Hufflepuff for one, and Gryffindor for one. Oh jeez. What am I??????
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be whatever you want to be! I get Ravenclaw and Gryffindor for some as well as Hufflepuff sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love what you said about Hufflepuff!! I never really thought too much about the qualities of that house, just the "loyal" and "hardworking" the Sorting Hat always said. Now that you mention it, though, Hufflepuffs really are a mixture of all the other houses' qualities!!

    ReplyDelete